What others say ....
The testimonials on this page include a newspaper article that talks about "The Meadows", links to some Trip Advisor® reviews, a magazine article about our beautiful town, quotes from some of our guests, and other commentary about our Inn. We believe they reflect Our Philosophy.
Click here to see some recent Trip Advisor® reviews of our B & B.
Minneapolis - St. Paul Star Tribune
At home in the country
The October 2004 on-line and in-print article, about five rural bed and breakfasts, includes our Meadows Inn Bed & Breakfast.
Click on the link above to see the portion of the article that applies to our bed and breakfast.
Travel + Leisure Magazine
Rest Your Head
In the June 2002 on-line issue, and the in-print magazine, they have this to say about our bed and breakfast; "Meadows Inn B&B, 900 Pine Meadows Lane, Rushford; 507/864-2378. Just outside town, the Meadows is a little far from the trail for cyclists but worth the extra mileage. Rooms have comfortable bed linens and floral wallpapers; two balconies overlook a stand of virgin pine".
Click on the link above to see the original on-line article.
Midwest Living Magazine
The Valley So Lovely
In the September/October 2004 issue, pages 113-120, there appeared an article about the Root River Valley in southeastern Minnesota.
An excerpt; "Magelssen Bluff in Rushford offers a 440-foot valley view from above the town name, secured into the hillside letter by letter, Hollywood-style. It's an easy trip up in a car; a real workout astride a bike".
On-line, Midwest Living had this to say about the Root River Valley bike trail. "One of our favorite rides, the Root River Trail in southeastern Minnesota, sounds perfect for your family. This paved trail on an old railroad right-of-way is a reasonable length, easy to pedal and lots of fun for everybody. The trail meanders through the Root River Valley from Houston (50 miles southeast of Rochester) west 40 miles to Fountain. You'll pedal across creaky rail trestles, through limestone corridors and into quiet towns that haven't changed much in the last century."
In the March 2006 issue of this magazine, they say: "If you can't make it to your French country house this summer, make do with a stay at this European-style inn, where every room comes with a view of Rushford's rolling hills and valleys. Comfortable beds appointed with fluffy pillows and comforters and multi-course, fresh-ingredient breakfasts make the long days of bird watching (in a "virtually mosquito-free setting!") and bike riding just melt away."
In the November 25, 2004 issue of our local newspaper, an article written by Sylvia Leitzen, (at the time) Executive Director of Historic Bluff Country, praise was given to Rushford. "There are miles of groomed snowmobile trails, canoeing and a nice nine-hole golf course". She goes on to say that "Rushford can boast of a very nice downtown with many shops, stores and restaurants. Between 10-2 you should try to stop in to the Center for Arts, an absolute gem of a gallery".
About our inn, Sylvia said that "the secret to Doug and Marie's success is their attention to detail and the fact that you never feel like a stranger".
KAAL-TV, Austin, MN
From the August 2004, Our Town television program, "the Meadows Inn Bed & Breakfast is absolutely a great place to come and relax".
What Our Guests Say
From the journals in our guest rooms ...........
General comments ....
- "the minute we walked in the door we felt so welcomed and at home - this feeling continued throughout our stay"
- "we have again had our expectations greatly exceeded"
- "we've never been so pampered in our lives"
About our rooms ....
- "its really hard to choose a favorite as they all have different things to offer - the constancy is their beauty, comfort and view"
- "your rooms are beautiful and elegant with a homey touch"
- "all the special touches are truly appreciated"
About our food ....
- "the breakfast was wonderful, the service outstanding"
- "the food again was absolutely fabulous"
- "the palate is just as happy as the eye"
About the area ....
- "we've biked many trails in Minnesota ... and the Root River is the most scenic"
- "this part of Minnesota is so beautiful"
- "the Root River Trail is as good as it gets"
About our patio ....
- "we love the patio and fire at night - so peaceful"
- "we sat outside last night by the fire under a full moon with Mars shining brightly - what could be more grand?"
- "the patio is paradise with all the birds and butterflies"